|Location||Haberfield, New South Wales|
|Stone Colour||Charcoal Ash Arctic|
|Total Area||167 square meters|
Porous Paving for a progressive council
One of the most important features for public safety is a non slip surface. Particularly where the foyer is exposed to rain and frequent, heavy foot traffic. The library foyer is surprisingly demanding in this regard with the large number of visitors through the day and the range of mobility it must cater for – from the very young that tend to run around – to the very old, which have mobility scooters and walking sticks.
StoneSet has been used to pave the entry to a number of public space locations in Sydneys Inner West. In particular the Marrickville Library foyer was paved using StoneSet in 2016 to meet heritage requirements of the building.
Undertaking building works for the upgrade of Haberfield library, Inner west council invested in a renovation of the facilities in 2021, which included a number of applications of StoneSet, which included an interesting application of StoneSet in the stairwells.
- Updated library interiors and layout making it more user friendly and fit for purpose
- Newly painted interiors, new carpets, shelving and furniture, air conditioning
- Improved accessibility including installation of new lift, internal ramps and accessible toilets
- Better functioning community rooms
- Improved connection between the library and community space via an upgraded garden/courtyard
- Reduced glare in the library
- Improved street presence by reinstating the entrance to its original location
- New music performance/rehearsal space and kitchen facilities on level one
- New energy/water saving measures such as energy efficient air-conditioning, lighting systems, rainwater re-use and water saving fixtures
See more STONESET near You!
If you would like more information on this particular Porous pavement project, please contact us on 1300 392 155 and quote the job reference number VT5387, we would be more than happy to discuss similarities in your Pathway project and we can fast track how StoneSet porous paving may suit your specific paving project.
Gravel binding is not one of the first things that comes to mind when looking for Pathway ideas and particularly when paving over existing hard surfaces. You can read more detail on Pathway we’ve done and see photos of these projects here.